Edit Menu

Advice and guide about SARDU Multiboot USB / DVD Builder
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

Edit Menu

Postby slyevo » October 31st, 2012, 10:26 am

Hi
How do i edit the menu? I want to try to consolidate everything down to 2 pages and change the names for certain items...
I have checked all the .cfg files, but to be honest i'm a bit of a noobie. Is there an easier way to edit the menu or does it have to be done manually?
I also would like to know where the main menu cfg file is as i struggled to find it!
Regards
Mark
slyevo

Re: Edit Menu

Postby davidecosta » October 31st, 2012, 12:30 pm

If you change the menu or the lavel of USB SARDU can not works fine
davidecosta

Postby AndyOxon » June 29th, 2017, 9:49 am

I have edited some of my .cfg files (for Linux) for 2 reasons. Firstly, I wanted to define OS boot locale and keyboard settings wherever possible. And secondly, I did not want persistence on all boot modes of an OS (where applicable) and so added a menu option for persistence boot, and removed persistence option on all other OS boot modes. I've also noticed that the 'Check installation media integrity' OS boot option is broken in all cases. So, I'm currently in the process of removing the option from the menus.

I understand that editing .cfg is officially UNSUPPORTED. And so rule no.1: make backups of originals BEFORE making changes! It is also a good idea to take a copy of the modified file(s) too, since your time will be wasted if you need to recreate the USB/CD.

I am still in the process of extensive testing. But so far, I have not found any adverse effects from my changes!
AndyOxon

Postby davidecosta » June 29th, 2017, 10:09 am

Can you explain one valid reason to reopen one thread dated 2012?
Do you know the netiquette and necropostingand necrothread?
davidecosta

Return to Howto and FAQ