Vista PE and Acronis Issues

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

Vista PE and Acronis Issues

Postby davekay » May 25th, 2011, 8:58 pm

Hello!

Thanks you for a very useful tool for me!

I think there is a problem with the Vista winPE option. The menu is unable to find the *.wim file within 'sources directory. I notice the boot.wim file(s) are copied over from the PE iso(s) and placed within the 'sources' directory and renamed accordingly (i.e. 7RD32.wim for example). However. the vista version does not appear to be renamed and remains as 'booi.wim'. On checking the BCD boot database appears to be correct. i.e. the relevant entry points to 'vista32RD.wim' and so pointing to an non existent file name! (because boot.wim not being renamed to vista32RD.wim). Same thing happens on both 2.0.2c and 2.0.3 beta. Windows 7 PE works ok though.

Also. with Acronis v10 true image rescue disk... the tutorial/menu entry line... Acronsis seem to have changed the file name from 'kernel.dat' to 'agent_ramdisk.dat' so the extras menu line '/ramdisk.dat vga=0x314' should maybe read '/agent_ramdisk.dat vga=0x314' although I have resorted to using your older method to boot this which seems to work nicely for me anyway...

#-> EDIT HERE <-
Label Acronis True Image 2010
Menu Label ^Acronis True Image 2010
MENU INDENT 1
kernel memdisk
append iso initrd=/extra/ACRONISMEDIA10.iso
#

Hope this info maybe helps ... thanks DaveKay.
davekay

Re: Vista PE and Acronis Issues

Postby davidecosta » May 25th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Thank to suggestion for Acronis.

For Vista use last beta :)
davidecosta

Return to English Forum