Sardu.exe - No Disk

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

Sardu.exe - No Disk

Postby JDubbed » May 3rd, 2011, 8:10 am

First time using Sardu and first thing I get are errors. This utility sounds promising and am trying to compare it to YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer) which has done nothing but work great for me but Sardu looks more user friendly which is reason for my persistence to get Sardu to work.

Anyways my problem is this...

As soon as I click on the button "Search USB" I get the following error message...

"Sardu.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk7\DR7"

Then Sardu freezes and I have to use task manager or click the "x" on Sardu in the upper right hand corner to close it. I have tried launching both sardu and sardu64x both with using different compatibility changes like running as admin and windows xp sp2 compatibility and still the same problem. Here is my setup...

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
1 SATA 640GB (OS)(Single boot no dual boot)
1 SATA 1TB (Extended)
1 IDE 500GB (Extended)
1 GB Kingston Pen Drive/Thumb Drive (Have tried a pico thumb drive as well)
1 Multicard reader (Connected directly to mobo)

I am using Sardu version 2.0.2c.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciate.
JDubbed

Re: Sardu.exe - No Disk

Postby davidecosta » May 3rd, 2011, 9:35 am

JDubbed wrote:First time using Sardu and first thing I get are errors. This utility sounds promising and am trying to compare it to YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer) which has done nothing but work great for me but Sardu looks more user friendly which is reason for my persistence to get Sardu to work.

Anyways my problem is this...

As soon as I click on the button "Search USB" I get the following error message...

"Sardu.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk7\DR7"

Then Sardu freezes and I have to use task manager or click the "x" on Sardu in the upper right hand corner to close it. I have tried launching both sardu and sardu64x both with using different compatibility changes like running as admin and windows xp sp2 compatibility and still the same problem. Here is my setup...

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
1 SATA 640GB (OS)(Single boot no dual boot)
1 SATA 1TB (Extended)
1 IDE 500GB (Extended)
1 GB Kingston Pen Drive/Thumb Drive (Have tried a pico thumb drive as well)
1 Multicard reader (Connected directly to mobo)

I am using Sardu version 2.0.2c.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciate.

The problem is surely of 1 Multicard reader (Connected directly to mobo)

Black list this unit

example If the unit is F USB --> Black list unit USB and puts the unit who you want blacklisted

Let me know :cheers:
davidecosta

Postby JDubbed » May 3rd, 2011, 5:01 pm

Thanks for your speedy reply. What do you mean by blacklist? Is there some way I can blacklist with Sardu or are you referring to windows? Am I supposed to do something in Device Manager? I use the media card reader a lot and do not wish to have to toggle it (unplugging it or turning it off) every time I need to use Sardu. In YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer) I am able to manually select the drive which I believe would solve the problem permanently in Sardu. Is there a reason why you decided not to allow the user to manually select the drive?

Thanks
JDubbed

Postby davidecosta » May 3rd, 2011, 5:55 pm

SARDU search unit for unit if exists and if is FAT32. Making this check the PC can return error. This isn't a error of SARDU but of the PC. For solve this problem, I added to SARDU one option. This exclude unit. If your Multicard Reader use lecter EFGH launch SARDU --> Go to USB ---> Black List Unit USB you have a popup with the request and add EFGH
With this method SARDU sees all unit except EFGH

Let me know
davidecosta

Postby JDubbed » May 3rd, 2011, 9:22 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply. After trial and error I understood how to use it. I ended up typing "IJKLMN" all at once without quotes and that worked! :cheers:

Now I can test this puppy out. Thanks again!
JDubbed

Return to English Forum