sardu 2.0.3 Menu problem

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

sardu 2.0.3 Menu problem

Postby armaggedon51 » June 23rd, 2011, 1:33 am

First, congrats to the developer of this neat little program. Very useful, thanks !
I have been using Sardu for a while, here is my two cents on version 2.0.3 so far

1- The utility display is borked a bit for me, the menu items (Antivirus, Utilities,Linux etc ) cover the programs buttons at the top and vice versa with mouse movements. The status at the bottom is half shown too. It's like, it`s compressed. Was fine on previous versions.
2-The icons at the top are a quite cryptic Imo. Needs to be standardize. (2 OFF buttons ??)
2- For some reason, there is no 64 bits version in 2.0.3 ?
3- as for the items, confirmed that Parted Magic 6.2 is not working, 6.1 is fine. The developer mentioned having change the boot structure in 6.2 so not Sardu fault.
4- I cannot get Microsoft SS Sweaper 32bits to work. It boot but give me an MS error. It worked standalone. For some reason the 64 bits version seems ok.

My machine ;
Windows 7 64 bits
AMD Gigabyte 785G
Phenom 2 X2 555
Video Sapphire 5770.
Everything up to date.
armaggedon51

Re: sardu 2.0.3 Menu problem

Postby davidecosta » June 23rd, 2011, 8:06 am

armaggedon51 wrote:First, congrats to the developer of this neat little program. Very useful, thanks !
I have been using Sardu for a while, here is my two cents on version 2.0.3 so far

1- The utility display is borked a bit for me, the menu items (Antivirus, Utilities,Linux etc ) cover the programs buttons at the top and vice versa with mouse movements. The status at the bottom is half shown too. It's like, it`s compressed. Was fine on previous versions.
2-The icons at the top are a quite cryptic Imo. Needs to be standardize. (2 OFF buttons ??)
2- For some reason, there is no 64 bits version in 2.0.3 ?
3- as for the items, confirmed that Parted Magic 6.2 is not working, 6.1 is fine. The developer mentioned having change the boot structure in 6.2 so not Sardu fault.
4- I cannot get Microsoft SS Sweaper 32bits to work. It boot but give me an MS error. It worked standalone. For some reason the 64 bits version seems ok.

Thanks for comliments :)

1) I don't have changed the parameters of the GUI, do you try last beta?
2) 2 buutton OFF?
2 bis) When i asked how the 64 bit version worked nobody replied. The 64 bit have a bug with hash.
3-4) today i release beta 2 who fix a error of MSSS and Parted Magic 6.2
davidecosta

Postby armaggedon51 » June 23rd, 2011, 3:30 pm

Bonjour David !

I have tried 2.0.4 beta 1 and here`s my finding ;

1- Parted Magic 6.2 not launching. It goes to the menu but won`t launch after pressing enter. (I prefer 6.1 anyway but I guess you will have to fix it for next subsequent releases)

2- MSSS scanner does not seems to like the idea of being launch by your program ! While the ISO works fine standalone, MS complain after starting ok that it cannot launch the scanner (32 and 64 bits).

3 - As for the program display, 2.0.4 has the same issue for me as 2.0.3. 2.0.2 is fine. NOTE: 2.0.3/4 appears fine on my other computer (W7 32 bits). Strange.
Interface with 2.0.3/4;
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2802/sardu204203.jpg
Normal with 2.0.2;
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3562/sardu202.jpg

4- The 64 bits version of 2.0.2 was working ok for me. Can you bring it back ? Most of the people run W7-64 bits.

5- Some comments on the interface, that`s just me. I would standardize the icons. I would remove the Home page weird icon. It is available in the menu (?) (I work in a software department)
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7274/sardu2off.jpg

*** :o OOOPS just saw that you said that you have a beta 2, cannot find it on your site, link ?

Anyway thanks a lot !
Ciao.
armaggedon51

Postby UFdFan » June 23rd, 2011, 9:04 pm

armaggedon51 wrote:Most of the people run W7-64 bits.

where your information comes from :?:
Please call me your benefits for a W7-64 bit-system :idea: .
Important information: Don't change the SARDU screen or menu's when you want a fine working SARDU. 8-)
UFdFan

Postby armaggedon51 » June 23rd, 2011, 9:54 pm

Hi,

well the latest study I found here is July 2010. A year ago.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows- ... 7007.shtml

The most obvious reason for a 64 bits OS is access to more then 3GB of ram. Here in Canada, you can`t find a PC or laptop selling with 32 bits W7. Everyone in my entourage is running 64bits. Now for people still running XP (a 10 years old OS), they are still 32 bits I agree. I guess David is more interested in developing his program for modern OS. No arm in including both versions anyway.

I returned the question, what`s the advantage of a 32 bits OS ?
armaggedon51

Postby UFdFan » June 23rd, 2011, 10:37 pm

Hi too

I think like you, please dont understand me wrong. :!:
But we but we're talking about Win7PE-Systems. We are not talking about the operating systems on a pc.
A PE-system is not build for implementation of high performance graphics programs or databases.
I miss really the arguments for a 64bit Pe-system.
Please let me know the benefits.

EDIT: Sorry. My own error :-)) ....
you are talking about a Win7 64 BIT System. Not Win7PE
Important information: Don't change the SARDU screen or menu's when you want a fine working SARDU. 8-)
UFdFan

Return to English Forum