IRC live chat channel

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

IRC live chat channel

Postby schuc69 » November 11th, 2012, 1:58 am

Hi Davide (and All) :)

Have you ever considered having an IRC channel so different users of SARDU could have live chat to go along with the board threads here?

I was just thinking that it may be a good idea. Just a thought.
schuc69

Re: IRC live chat channel

Postby davidecosta » November 11th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm wait a monent :D

At this moment the free structure of SARDU is this (alabetic order ):

• UFdFan = excellent support of german Section and beta tester, excellent with Windows PE etc
  • GlacialMan = excellent beta tester, find the most unthinkable bugs, look for updated versions of all ISOs, build the links.ini (the file with all link to download the ISOs)
  • davidecosta (me) = developer, webmaster, SEO, SERP, SEM, follow the fans page of facebook, follow the "contact us" of site, betatester, reply to dozens of emails a day.....

Now irc live? ehehehehem :oops:
davidecosta

Postby Zapy » July 14th, 2013, 4:05 pm

IRC = Internet relay chat
its a chat-system where you download a client like chatzilla, mIRC, hexchat or some other windows-based chat.

There are linux based IRC softwares as well as irssi that i think is the most common among the linux folks.

anyway, you download the client, put in your "credentials" and a nick-name ( as mine Zapy ) and you connect to a network.
network in this meaning is a cluster of servers, the network is the name of the cluster as
quakenet.org - gaming network
efnet.org - most commonly known as warez network
freenode.net - software network

after connecting to a server within the cluster you join or create a channel where you can give "live" support for your users or
just a nice hang-around for casual discussions.

freenode.net has #mysql #phpBB #windows #windows-server and more channels but these channels have over 100es of users
that are both professionals and ordinary users that help each others out with problems and such.
Zapy

Postby Zapy » July 14th, 2013, 4:14 pm

After reading your post again i might have misunderstood it, anyway, for those who dont know, thats what IRC is, i am on #sarducd @ freenode (just tried a channel on some of the networks i was on but found no official chan)

Live IRC Support or Semi-Live/Whenever-Someone-Is-Around is a so much better for answering these most common questions that comes up all the time.
Email-Support by your self, man that is really something of you, but you should consider removing your mail and point them to the forum instead, that would involve the community instead and everyone else could take advantage of the questions and answers.

As i am not allowed to edit my posts i have to make a new post, this is EXTREMELY annoying.
And i cant edit my contact-profile either, adding ICQ, MSN, Website, Yahoo or any other, why is that? is it because of the PHP SEO Mod you are running? (is it really helping?)
And, fyi, the site is quite slow as well (i am from Sweden, have a 100 mbit connection ping to server is about 50-60 ms)
Zapy

Return to English Forum