Impressed, but..

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

Impressed, but..

Postby paul1149 » January 17th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Hi,
I'm very impressed with the structure and flexibility of Sardu. However, I just ran a compile which Sardu said was successful, and upon booting the stick virtually nothing worked. My extra, Hiren, didn't work, but perhaps that was my configuration of it. But neither did UBCD4Win and others. But most of all, very many items enabled in the composer, were completely absent from the menu.

I have a couple other questions about correctly labeling .isos and adding extras, but these are the main problems at this point.

Thanks much,
Paul
paul1149

Re: Impressed, but..

Postby davidecosta » January 17th, 2011, 8:51 pm

paul1149 wrote:Hi,
I'm very impressed with the structure and flexibility of Sardu. However, I just ran a compile which Sardu said was successful, and upon booting the stick virtually nothing worked. My extra, Hiren, didn't work, but perhaps that was my configuration of it. But neither did UBCD4Win and others. But most of all, very many items enabled in the composer, were completely absent from the menu.

I have a couple other questions about correctly labeling .isos and adding extras, but these are the main problems at this point.

Thanks much,
Paul

How can help you? you said so ... but ... don't you tell me the mistakes
See here
davidecosta

Postby paul1149 » January 17th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Ok, I'll have to parse the versions. Maybe on a few I'll use the download function and see if that makes a difference. I wrote to an actual usb stick, not a virtual environment. The stick is a new, popular Kingston formatted in FAT32. The UBCD4Win went to a blank screen that said "Boot:..." and went no further. Clonezilla, PWHE, Redo, puppy linux and many more were not displayed. I could see how some might be outdated, but I would guess 85% of them were. The only ones that were consistently listed were the Windows recovery disks. I'll get back with more info as I find it.
paul1149

Postby davidecosta » January 17th, 2011, 10:26 pm

paul1149 wrote:Ok, I'll have to parse the versions. Maybe on a few I'll use the download function and see if that makes a difference. I wrote to an actual usb stick, not a virtual environment. The stick is a new, popular Kingston formatted in FAT32. The UBCD4Win went to a blank screen that said "Boot:..." and went no further. Clonezilla, PWHE, Redo, puppy linux and many more were not displayed. I could see how some might be outdated, but I would guess 85% of them were. The only ones that were consistently listed were the Windows recovery disks. I'll get back with more info as I find it.

Use last beta or use SARDU in a folder without space in the path Sample C:\SARDU\
Tries with a software at the once.
davidecosta

Postby paul1149 » January 17th, 2011, 11:22 pm

I'll try the beta. I am in a folder name without spaces.

I recompiled, and this time had much better results. Last time, it found a previous install and warned that it was going to wipe it out. This time it "updated" the previous.

It also took much longer to print to the stick. When I booted up, this time most of the items worked. Here's a rough list:

PW: Yes
    GPartEd: No screens found
    Redo: Yes, but GPartEd would not allow partition manipulation on the disk drives, only on the stick.
    System Restore: loaded to a linux command line only.
    Puppy: searched for files on disks. Failed to locate tty. Stalled.
    RC (XP): yes, but required XP CD anyway (not a Sardu problem)
    UBCD4Win: No

So I'm a lot further along, but especially Hiren's and UBCD are what I'm looking for. Will continue to test.

Thanks,
p.
paul1149

Postby davidecosta » January 17th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Mmm
for recreate your problem you tell me exactly all the isos that you put in a single moment. You have download last versions?
sample:

puppy you have download this
gparted etc etc

System Restore ??? Whit is it?
davidecosta

Postby paul1149 » January 18th, 2011, 3:05 am

I just tried the beta, with similar results. UBCD went as far as "pre-logon", then didn't find a file and rebooted itself.

System Restore should have been System Rescue.

Next I'll have to pay attention to versions. Most of my images should be up to date. I'll let you know what I find.
paul1149

Postby paul1149 » February 20th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Hi David,

It's been a while, but I finally ran another test. This one went pretty well. The compiling went smoothly, and the few boots I tried were great. I still have a lot to learn about it, but I'm encouraged.

Be well,
p.
paul1149

Postby Alexey » February 27th, 2011, 2:12 pm

First of all, I want to thank you for such a good program. I have tried many others, but your best.
But I have one wish. When I used Hirena, the root was only one folder "HBCD" and two files: grldr and menu.lst.
And if a startup got a virus, it's was easy to recognize.
In addition, it was very easy to look for other non-system files that I sometimes put on a flash drive. Such as doc, txt, and folders.
If possible, could you make it so that there was one folder SARDU and a couple of files in the root, instead of hundreds?
Alexey

Postby davidecosta » February 27th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Alexey wrote:First of all, I want to thank you for such a good program. I have tried many others, but your best.
But I have one wish. When I used Hirena, the root was only one folder "HBCD" and two files: grldr and menu.lst.
And if a startup got a virus, it's was easy to recognize.
In addition, it was very easy to look for other non-system files that I sometimes put on a flash drive. Such as doc, txt, and folders.
If possible, could you make it so that there was one folder SARDU and a couple of files in the root, instead of hundreds?

For hiren's you use last version? There are only that folder
For folders and files ...when i can i save the structure of official ISO (more compatibility)
davidecosta

Next

Return to English Forum