Antivirus Signature Updates

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

Antivirus Signature Updates

Postby nipstech » March 9th, 2011, 9:07 pm

I just downloaded SARDU and am in the process of downloading the iso files. This question may already be answered once I get a bootable iso built, but I thought I'd ask anyway just so I know what to expect. Having used the Geek Squad MRI (during a part-time job which I DON'T include in my resume...lol), which is their "proprietary" diagnostics tool based on Windows PE, when you boot it gives you an option to update the signatures on-line before performing scans. Is this functionality also available in SARDU?

Thanks!
Jon
nipstech

Re: Antivirus Signature Updates

Postby davidecosta » March 9th, 2011, 11:33 pm

nipstech wrote:I just downloaded SARDU and am in the process of downloading the iso files. This question may already be answered once I get a bootable iso built, but I thought I'd ask anyway just so I know what to expect. Having used the Geek Squad MRI (during a part-time job which I DON'T include in my resume...lol), which is their "proprietary" diagnostics tool based on Windows PE, when you boot it gives you an option to update the signatures on-line before performing scans. Is this functionality also available in SARDU?

Thanks!
Jon

The function is available only from single software updating the database online
davidecosta

Postby nipstech » March 10th, 2011, 12:55 am

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that I can update the software when I open it from the SARDU disk and it will update it on the RAM disk then discard the update or will I have to create a new SARDU disk each time there is a sig. update to an antivirus package?
nipstech

Postby davidecosta » March 10th, 2011, 8:42 am

nipstech wrote:I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that I can update the software when I open it from the SARDU disk and it will update it on the RAM disk then discard the update or will I have to create a new SARDU disk each time there is a sig. update to an antivirus package?

My english is very bad :(

SARDU don't have options for update the database of antivirus. All antivirus provide the ability to update the antivirus databases in RAM, don't save news database.
davidecosta

Postby nipstech » March 10th, 2011, 11:31 am

Don't frown ;)...I understand now. My italian is very bad too even though my grandmother would talk in italian to her sisters when she didn't want us kids to know what she was saying.
nipstech

Return to English Forum