Add personal .ISO files?

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

Add personal .ISO files?

Postby JDubbed » May 3rd, 2011, 9:36 pm

Is there a way in Sardu to add your own ISO files?
JDubbed

Re: Add personal .ISO files?

Postby davidecosta » May 3rd, 2011, 9:44 pm

If you have the knowledge ypu can customize SARDU using extra folder with extra options.
davidecosta

Postby JDubbed » May 3rd, 2011, 9:53 pm

Thanks for that. That is what your FAQ said but I thought I might be able to get more knowledge out of you. May I make a suggestion or possibly a feature request? I am comparing your program to YUMI and YUMI supports adding .ISO without any additional knowledge. It just does it fore me. How accurate this is or the rate of success is beyond me but I tested it an it worked for Eurosoft and other non-listed software in the ISO form.

On another note I have renamed Parted Magic.iso to pmagic.iso and moved it to the ISO folder of Sardu and when I click on Parted Magic it forces me to download pmagic.zip from the internet. What am I doing wrong?
JDubbed

Postby davidecosta » May 3rd, 2011, 10:40 pm

JDubbed wrote:Thanks for that. That is what your FAQ said but I thought I might be able to get more knowledge out of you. May I make a suggestion or possibly a feature request? I am comparing your program to YUMI and YUMI supports adding .ISO without any additional knowledge. It just does it fore me. How accurate this is or the rate of success is beyond me but I tested it an it worked for Eurosoft and other non-listed software in the ISO form.

On another note I have renamed Parted Magic.iso to pmagic.iso and moved it to the ISO folder of Sardu and when I click on Parted Magic it forces me to download pmagic.zip from the internet. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know how works yumi, i don't know if yumi supports more of 50 iso, i don't know if youmi can install Windows, i don't know if you can make one multiboot in a single passage with all isos () etc
read here

I can't support all software, my job isn't in computer science...if you don't love SARDU use YUMI.

SARDU download pmagic.zip and extract the iso. If you have the iso the name checked by SARDU is pmagic*.iso
davidecosta

Postby Universal » May 12th, 2011, 10:05 pm

I've looked over YUMI, and realized I recognized it's interface. It's an NSIS installer. All the person did was create an NSIS script with a bunch of files packaged in it. You select the ISO you want to boot from a USB, and it would add all the information. If you were to look at the YUMI program as an archive, which it technically is, you can look inside it by using 7-zip. If we were able to get a copy of the NSI script, then we could review that and figure out how to add those things to SARDU officially.

I wish I could help out. If the code is simple enough, I might be able to add to it. But if it's complex, then it would be easier for me to use the NSIS, as I've made things with that before, but I'm willing to figure this out.
Universal

Postby davidecosta » May 13th, 2011, 8:59 am

The problem isn't my knowledge (now i know how works the boot and the more complex is SARDU), the problem is my time. I can't spend my time for SARDU. I'm a salesman of wine and liqueurs, not a developper. SARDU gave me, in two years, 200 € of donations. Next release will made freeware only for personal use. I spent more on hosting. I have a tool at 50% for manage the extra of SARDU...but this project is stopped.
You can study YUMY or similar for add extra ISO's to SARDU.
davidecosta

Postby JDubbed » May 19th, 2011, 5:15 am

davidecosta,

Thanks for your reply and sorry it took me so long to get back in touch. I figured out the problem with Sardu or with me why whenever I downloaded Partition Magic or any tool within Sardu that I was unable to add my own version. Whenever I tell Sardu to download a tool from within it Sardu creates a folder called SARDU_2.0.2c on my desktop and puts the download ISO's within it. Ex. desktop/SARDU_2.0.2c/ISO/pmagic.iso. The actual folder I am launching and using Sardu out of is desktop/newfolder/SARDU_2.0.2c/. For some reason whenever I download a tool using Sardu, Sardu automatically creates a folder called SARDU_2.0.2c/ISO on my desktop and not in the working folder which is desktop/newfolder/SARDU_2.0.2c/.

Any idea why this is? What am I doing wrong? Can I change the default folder to where Sardu downloads to?
JDubbed

Postby davidecosta » May 19th, 2011, 8:53 am

You extract SARDU from the zip? Extract SARDU in a folder with all rights, sample C:\SARDU\ and all works fine :)
davidecosta

Postby Knight_Rider » June 14th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Hey

If you wanna use your own ISO. just rename it to one of the menu's item. Like if you ISO is similar to Windows, or Linux.

I used some and it worked... yes that is if the iso's use the same boot mode.

Well its a quick way :)

Good luck
Knight_Rider

Postby Stephy » August 12th, 2011, 3:07 am

Have done this quick way too. It really worked.
Stephy

Return to English Forum