64 bit live iso images won't boot

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

64 bit live iso images won't boot

Postby sean13440 » November 15th, 2011, 10:33 pm

I have noticed that every 64 bit live image whether it be windows or linux will not load but their 32 bit counter parts will. I guess I was wondering what the limitations of SARDU where on support of 64 bit live images and if there was a way to adjust SARDU to support these images. I have a lot of high end machines that require a 64 bit load of either windows or Linux. Thanks for anyone who takes the time to address my inquiry it is greatly appreciated.
sean13440

Re: 64 bit live iso images won't boot

Postby davidecosta » November 15th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Example? You can tell me any software?
I cant put one button for 32 and one for 64 bit.
People asked me lightweight software for outdated PC, others ....
davidecosta

Re: 64 bit live iso images won't boot

Postby sean13440 » November 15th, 2011, 11:04 pm

I am using the latest SARDU and attempting to leverage your extra iso option which creates the bootable USB for me with all required distros including the Linux 64 bit distros. Sardu creates the bootable USB drive correctly however when I try to boot a Linux 64 bit distro whether it be back track 5 64 bit or Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit it throws an error saying it can't find the intramfs unable to find a medium containing a live file system. I know there is nothing wrong with the image because I have just tested it and it doesn't have any problem allowing me to boot up a burnt disc of ubuntu 11.10 64 bit using the try ubuntu live option. I am thinking it might be a simple fix seeing as how sardu has no problem booting the image but do not understand why it won't recognize it as a live disc. Thanks for your help in advance.
sean13440

Return to English Forum