sardu ruined by bundling crap toolbars & hijackers

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

sardu ruined by bundling crap toolbars & hijackers

Postby whyohwhy » January 19th, 2013, 7:16 am

why ruin a useful product such as this, with a toolbar and a browser hijacker, what a shame, it will ruin the reputation of this useful utility, and stop people installing it, and annoy those who install it blindly

such practises are the curse of the software industry, they cause endless end user problems.

even if you untick the installer option, it appears to force you down the route of installation, bad bad bad.

I hope you have a rethink

please get rid of the bloat, is the money it generates worth the loss of appreciation and confidence in your software, which was a godsend to the technical community
whyohwhy

Re: sardu ruined by bundling crap toolbars & hijackers

Postby davidecosta » January 19th, 2013, 1:00 pm

I replied here

davidecosta wrote:SARDU have to keep up:

One fast domain server Linux with unlimited traffic (sarducd.it)
    One fast domain server Windows with unlimited traffic (first sarducd.it, now used for downloads)
    One fast domain server Linux with unlimited traffic (sardu.eu)
    One antispam (only not free works fine)

Who paid for them?

You're a technician, how many writings and deletions can do in a USB? how many writings and deletions can do one hard disk?
I bought dozens of pendrives USB/hard disks destroyed and consumed by testing SARDU. I bought one PCI USB3...

Who paid for them?

Now my PC have four year, works fine for normal use but not to develop. I can't make tests with boot from USB 3. I can't try if the insall from USB3 works fine with seven...

I have to buy a new pc? And who pays?

I'm sorry to demonstrate that your is just theory but this is story:

When I launched SARDU I was the first to automate one multiboot creation, after was the first to manage the Windows PE (still the only one).
Countless hours of work...spending my money on domains and hardware. I had added the donate button to the site and the software....unsuccessfully.
Technicians wrote: your software...is incomplete: don't manage the installer of Windows XP and Vista, add this and all technicians donate to support
I added the management of all installer of Windows XP, all versions Service Pack, the installer of Vista. (the first and still the only one)
Donations? NO. Complaints? Of course yes: Your software don't manage all OEM versions of Windows XP, I need all DELL, IBM, Lenovo....with ALL SP...logically free
I stopped the develop of SARDU for months. Countless requests to resume the develop.
If you add the installer of Seven...donations
added
Is a shit, don't manage both Vista and Seven
Develope one module that manage the installer of Vista, Seven, Eight in the same partition Fat32, logically the first...and..still the only one.
Donations? NO. Complaints? Of course yes: I can't manage the background of your software, I can't remove the references to your name, to your site
Why this requests? To sell the tool as its

You can find in the forums (this, reboot.pro, technibble) all that I'm writing. You, as did all the others after I objected to their words, will disappear.
Without toolbar you would have continued to use SARDU without thinking that behind a person spends to help you in your work (paid).

Now you to Install Windows from USB you can use others tools, to add others tool you can do it by hand, has succeeded by one that sell liqueurs...

and

davidecosta wrote:
whyohwhy wrote:the irony is the most likely users of SARDU are IT technicians trying to fix slow computers infected with spyware, viruses, browser hijackers, and the product they want to use to fix them is now going to mess up their own PC as well.

The irony is that technicians use a tool made by one seller of wine and liqueurs. This has succeeded in creating something that the technicians can not do.
The irony is that technicians save time by charging the same price without their ability.
The irony is that techincians use my program in violation of the license (free only for personal use)
The irony is that technicians are leecher who ask ask and ask for free.

whyohwhy wrote:Authors perogative to receive recompense for their time and effort in development, but should really come with a prominent warning on the homepage, to stop people blindly clicking next next and finding their homepage changed.

It's established that unable to read. If techincians read....

This Software is free for personal use,
SARDU use license Creative Commons with
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by- ... /legalcode,
however remains the property of the Author.

whyohwhy wrote:xboot from now on

Yet another demonstration that you cannot read
The project xBoot is dead the july 16 2011
I'm sorry..but...now, at this moment, only one software can build one multiboot with all installer of Windows from USB. This is SARDU...but...you use xBOOT
davidecosta

Postby whyohwhy » January 20th, 2013, 12:03 am

technicians and hobbyists are more likely to know about it, the word technician doesn't automatically mean they are violating the license and using it in a work/paid environment, as most technicians know, they get called on from friends, and family to fix things for free all the time, and those friends and family are allowed to use it too on their machine, for personal use. As it happens, I have only ever tried it out on my own machine once, as an experiment, never requested changes, and am unlikely to use it again - toolbar or no toolbar.

Can't say i've ever had a usb flash drive fail yet from too many writes, they cost little nowadays, and hard disks can be overwritten 1000's of times without problem, and most people have a pc anyway, whether they are developing software or not.

Your efforts are appreciated, my opinion is that a toolbar/browser hijack (and the way it is worded during the install) is not the way to go if you want to cover your costs or make money from it, advertising or charging for a pro version may be better, or reducing your hosting costs by storing elsewhere, but it's your choice.
whyohwhy

Postby davidecosta » January 20th, 2013, 11:47 am

Thanks for reply :cheers:

whyohwhy wrote:technicians and hobbyists are more likely to know about it, the word technician doesn't automatically mean they are violating the license and using it in a work/paid environment, as most technicians know, they get called on from friends, and family to fix things for free all the time, and those friends and family are allowed to use it too on their machine, for personal use. As it happens, I have only ever tried it out on my own machine once, as an experiment, never requested changes, and am unlikely to use it again - toolbar or no toolbar.

My reply is in overall. The forum is also used to responses future.
I'm not a technician but i know really well the technicians. There are a few of technicians such as you describe, many which use SARDU to install Windows from USB or repair dozens of PC at days (rightly is their job), others that works in large multinational companies with thousands of computers that use SARDU for repair them.

whyohwhy wrote:Can't say i've ever had a usb flash drive fail yet from too many writes, they cost little nowadays, and hard disks can be overwritten 1000's of times without problem, and most people have a pc anyway, whether they are developing software or not.

This is true...but four years ago? I wrote and formatted the USB hundreds of times a day, or do you think you will get the results without proof?
About a year ago I created a small ramdisk that I use like USB...but is too small for big test. I have recently added the direct extraction, I was tired of breaking hard disks. I broke dozens of hard disk and pendrive. Now are inexpensive..but SARDU is four year old....is how much does a USB 3 to 32 gb? I spent more 100 € only for one thumb drive and adapter PCI USB 3.
My PC, without USB 3 works very fine for normal use, don't works fine for develop and make test of one software like SARDU.
So your advice is to leave everything? As did the a developer of xBoot? I think about it very often. Now, sunday, I'd be playing with my daughter...
Every day I dedicate at least six hours at SARDU, saturday and sunday and holiday at least 12 hours. You can find my replies in the forum the January 1 at two in the morning.

whyohwhy wrote:Your efforts are appreciated, my opinion is that a toolbar/browser hijack (and the way it is worded during the install) is not the way to go if you want to cover your costs or make money from it, advertising or charging for a pro version may be better, or reducing your hosting costs by storing elsewhere, but it's your choice.

History says that this was my dream. History says that this has not happened.

This is last request in the facebook page of SARDU

can we add both xp,win2003,win7 and win xp light at same flash? if yes please tell us
anoher ask : can u add new Photos to the next version plz?

As you can see only requests for add or change SARDU, you can not find a proposed for help but only requests.

My doubt is always the same: it is better to abandon everything? I can continue like this without money and without aid?

:cheers:

Davide
davidecosta

Postby whyohwhy » January 25th, 2013, 8:46 am

if you are willing to open up the source code to others, or want testers to help, then people may come to your aid if you put the request out there. it would be easier to maintain if you had a small team of enthusiatic coders to help.

highlight the issues on the main page maybe, anything could happen. ie how much help do you need, how much is it costing to keep the site running etc.

what language is it written in?
whyohwhy

Postby UFdFan » January 25th, 2013, 10:02 pm

Hello whyohwhy

Davide does not need other developers to be experienced. He explains you, why he does bestinstaller advertising .. SARDU can live without you and me, but how you work without SARDU?
If companies use the SARDU-Software every DAY, they can donate a few dollars. What costs a beer in berlin, napoli, rom, paris oder in other places. Silence on one night in good Hotel. Do we think enough, when we pay a beer. I drink a beer in 2 or in half hour. 4,5,6 beers. I use SARDU over 2 jears. Where is the ratio of Beer and use sardu? Would any commercial user or not commercial user of SARDU donate only $ 1 in live, Davide needs no advertising SARDU with other installers. So simple, so cheap and so satisfying.

We all can not working a long without Money. We help other here and there and we fight for a better world, but we can not live without money for hard working.
UFdFan

Postby davidecosta » January 27th, 2013, 6:44 pm

whyohwhy wrote:if you are willing to open up the source code to others, or want testers to help, then people may come to your aid if you put the request out there. it would be easier to maintain if you had a small team of enthusiatic coders to help.

highlight the issues on the main page maybe, anything could happen. ie how much help do you need, how much is it costing to keep the site running etc.

what language is it written in?

The develope is the part most easy.
The difficulty is to do tests, make guides, have ideas...

People ask to add, add and add and then the source. Funny way of help....but...with the free source...SARDU would not be the only one, would be one of the many....logically working just me.

At this moment sthe staff of SARDU is composed of three persons: UfdFan for german section and Ideas of PE, GlacialMan for ideas, betatesting, update the link....I the remaining

We need help...not distribute the code

P.S. thanks to UFdFan for the reply :cheers:
davidecosta

Postby elarifr » January 30th, 2013, 9:37 pm

and now after all that.... ?

hope you'll get some money to continue this good work & support

regards
elarifr
elarifr

Postby davidecosta » January 30th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Thanks for your support :cheers:
davidecosta

Postby timinor » February 26th, 2013, 1:52 am

One question... Your English is a whole lot better than my Italian...

the Donate button presents Italian and I can't figure out how to get English. And of all the countries in the list, I don't see the United States.

Should I just donate directly from my US Paypal account to your email address?

Thanks for a great tool.
Tim in OR, USA
timinor

Next

Return to English Forum