New Release: SARDU 3.0.0.0 beta for Linux

Multiboot USB and DVD with SARDU under Linux
In this section is permitted only the English language

New Release: SARDU 3.0.0.0 beta for Linux

Postby davidecosta » November 17th, 2014, 6:20 pm

New Release: SARDU multiboot builder 3.0.0.0 beta for Linux

I'm proud to announce the first beta of SARDU 3.x multiboot builder that works under Linux.

This release is a porting of the Windows version (3.0.0.0 beta 6) and preserve the number of version. Is the best solution for test the Live of Linux, use Rescue CD and have a lot of utilities in a pen drive.

SARDU multiboot builder support the boot from EFI, at this moment only a few of live are supported (we have to add all ISOs in next releases).

SARDU 3 for linux need two dependences:
  • libx11-6:i386
  • libgtk2.0-0:i386

In Debian based you can launch this command from a console:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install libx11-6:i386
sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386

This version works fine until 30/12/2014 (we'll release new version befor this date :cheers: )

Let us know if all works fine

:cheers:

Davide Costa

P.S. Thanks to Matteo Saderi for developing and to Silvio Pilia and Mauro Casula for beta testing
davidecosta

Re: New Release: SARDU 3.0.0.0 beta for Linux

Postby ancucchi » November 18th, 2014, 6:56 pm

Thank you Davide! I was waiting Sardu for Linux from a long time!!!

I'm not sure but I think that I find a bug: when I unzipped you file in /mnt/1500GB3/torrent/torrent.new/Linux Stuff/sardu/sardu_3 and the download folder for ISO files was /mnt/1500GB3/torrent/torrent.new/Linux Stuff/sardu/sardu_3/ISO, you program downloaded the files but didn't save it.

After I changed the folder and I Unzipped your file in /mnt/1500GB3/sardu_3 and the download folder was /mnt/1500GB3/sardu_3/ISO and all worked fine!!!
It seems that a too long path be a trouble.
The disk was ever the same and it is formatted as EXT4.

Grazie Davide stavo attendendo Sardo per Linux da molto tempo.
Non sono sicuro ma credo di aver trovato un bug: quando ho decompattato il tuo file in /mnt/1500GB3/torrent/torrent.new/Linux Stuff/sardu/sardu_3 e la cartella di download per i file ISO era /mnt/1500GB3/torrent/torrent.new/Linux Stuff/sardu/sardu_3/ISO, il tuo programma apparentemente scaricava i file ma non venivano salvati.
Quando ho cambiato cartella e ho decompattato il tuo file in /mnt/1500GB3/sardu_3 e la cartella di download per i file ISO era /mnt/1500GB3/sardu_3/ISO, il tuo programma funzionava correttamente.
Sembra che un percorso troppo lungo crei problemi.
Il disco è sempre lo stesso ed è formattato in EXT4.

Return to SARDU Linux version