Babylon toolbar

Tell us something about you. Off-topic Discussion

Babylon toolbar

Postby kresimir » December 25th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Why is impossible install SARDU 2.0.6.3 without babylon toolbar? When the options for installations toolbar and others annoying stuff are unchecked, in next screen if I confirm that I do not wont install that stuff, installations is interrupted .
kresimir

Re: Babylon toolbar

Postby davidecosta » December 25th, 2012, 6:32 pm

If you reply correctly to the questions will not install the toolbar
davidecosta

Postby NeoCortex » December 31st, 2012, 3:30 pm

Hello Davide!
i have been using Sardu over and over for a long time now. But this time i am really angry about the way it is installing unwanted software on my pc.
I do not want to have any modifications made to my system that i dont agree to, especially nothing that changes any settings without telling me:
even though i deselected all visible "add-on's" like ask toolbar it nevertheless installed the babylon toolbar, the chrome babylon extension and some
"Browser protection". There was no recognisable way to avoid this!
Please stop using such annoying programs, even though it might offer you a way to cover some of the costs you have.
I'd rather decide myself if i want to give you a donation for your work.
Best regards,
Neo
NeoCortex

Postby davidecosta » December 31st, 2012, 4:46 pm

Hello neo,
I can grant you that if you press the correct keys SARDU don't install the toolbar.
Force the install is illegal.
I understand your mood but I've added one toolbar as did Avira, Avg, Java....should I continue?
I hope you understand my state mood: millions of copies of SARDU in mpre 200 countries, about 400 € of donations in 4 years. Three hostings, database sql, antispan, hardware consumed with the tests. Who pays? Me.
If you and others users have given 1 cent....I would never put the toolbar.
In four year I received only requestes: add this, add these, if you add....I'll make a donetions....You saw some money? I NO.

I conclude by telling you that you must read before to click and if you are sure that I cheat...denounce me....but...attention...I can easily prove that if the user read the msgbox...don't install toolbars.
I conclude telling that you are free of donate (In fact, you and the others you've never done)....but I'm free to put toolbars in my software....and...you are free of don't use it. If you think that I'll continue to spend my money for develope SARDU....

Best regards

Davide
davidecosta

Postby bill_654 » January 7th, 2013, 3:32 am

davidecosta wrote:Hello neo,
I can grant you that if you press the correct keys SARDU don't install the toolbar.
Force the install is illegal.
I understand your mood but I've added one toolbar as did Avira, Avg, Java....should I continue?
I hope you understand my state mood: millions of copies of SARDU in mpre 200 countries, about 400 € of donations in 4 years. Three hostings, database sql, antispan, hardware consumed with the tests. Who pays? Me.
If you and others users have given 1 cent....I would never put the toolbar.
In four year I received only requestes: add this, add these, if you add....I'll make a donetions....You saw some money? I NO.

I conclude by telling you that you must read before to click and if you are sure that I cheat...denounce me....but...attention...I can easily prove that if the user read the msgbox...don't install toolbars.
I conclude telling that you are free of donate (In fact, you and the others you've never done)....but I'm free to put toolbars in my software....and...you are free of don't use it. If you think that I'll continue to spend my money for develope SARDU....

Best regards

Davide

wow, this is true? only 400 euro donations in 4 years?

myself i like to contribute even tho i haven't actually produced a USB device yet with SARDU, i am just testing so far it and the few other competitors. i can't afford donate $20 to every maker of software like this that i download but i can give $3-$4 to each. and i had heard that PayPal takes the first dollar of every transaction but there are others - like one called "Dwolla" claims transaction under $10 are free of fees. what if you put that on your site (or another micropayment service that someone else can recommend?) and ask just a few dollars per for a license? maybe it starts a trend and people will start to realize that its not worth it if developer cant make even some reasonable amount of money for their trouble.
bill_654

Postby whyohwhy » January 19th, 2013, 7:34 am

life is not all about money, isnt it a labour of love?

people suggesting improvements helps make it more useful to others, not necessarily a selfish request.

every single person who uses it is grateful for your efforts, and if the donation issue was more prominent on the website, maybe you'd get more out of it financially

but toolbars, no one in the technical community wants a toolbar, noone in the user community wants a toolbar and a changed homepage, anything that changes a system like that is bad, tainted.

it's so sad that a lot of excellent software begins free, and ends up the same way, toolbars, spyware, browser hijacked, crippled or paid for.

despite what you said about it being optional, the design of the screens suggest it's mandatory, and most people in the know are likely to avoid using it for that reason from now on.

it's tainted
whyohwhy

Postby davidecosta » January 19th, 2013, 12:55 pm

SARDU have to keep up:

One fast domain server Linux with unlimited traffic (sarducd.it)
    One fast domain server Windows with unlimited traffic (first sarducd.it, now used for downloads)
    One fast domain server Linux with unlimited traffic (sardu.eu)
    One antispam (only not free works fine)

Who paid for them?

You're a technician, how many writings and deletions can do in a USB? how many writings and deletions can do one hard disk?
I bought dozens of pendrives USB/hard disks destroyed and consumed by testing SARDU. I bought one PCI USB3...

Who paid for them?

Now my PC have four year, works fine for normal use but not to develop. I can't make tests with boot from USB 3. I can't try if the insall from USB3 works fine with seven...

I have to buy a new pc? And who pays?

I'm sorry to demonstrate that your is just theory but this is story:

When I launched SARDU I was the first to automate one multiboot creation, after was the first to manage the Windows PE (still the only one).
Countless hours of work...spending my money on domains and hardware. I had added the donate button to the site and the software....unsuccessfully.
Technicians wrote: your software...is incomplete: don't manage the installer of Windows XP and Vista, add this and all technicians donate to support
I added the management of all installer of Windows XP, all versions Service Pack, the installer of Vista. (the first and still the only one)
Donations? NO. Complaints? Of course yes: Your software don't manage all OEM versions of Windows XP, I need all DELL, IBM, Lenovo....with ALL SP...logically free
I stopped the develop of SARDU for months. Countless requests to resume the develop.
If you add the installer of Seven...donations
added
Is a shit, don't manage both Vista and Seven
Develope one module that manage the installer of Vista, Seven, Eight in the same partition Fat32, logically the first...and..still the only one.
Donations? NO. Complaints? Of course yes: I can't manage the background of your software, I can't remove the references to your name, to your site
Why this requests? To sell the tool as its

You can find in the forums (this, reboot.pro, technibble) all that I'm writing. You, as did all the others after I objected to their words, will disappear.
Without toolbar you would have continued to use SARDU without thinking that behind a person spends to help you in your work (paid).

Now you to Install Windows from USB you can use others tools, to add others tool you can do it by hand, has succeeded by one that sell liqueurs...
davidecosta

Postby bill_655 » January 21st, 2013, 12:35 am

what about if you give us a choice to donate just $3 and get version without Babylon?

if person uses the program regularly and will not donate even $3 then they have no reason to complain, they are just a freeloader.

will you try this David?
bill_655

Return to General