Windows Installer reaches a grub prompt

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

Windows Installer reaches a grub prompt

Postby xileos » July 23rd, 2014, 8:31 pm

Hi,

I have an issue with Sardu, and I promise I looked through the forums before posting this. Here is how I have it set up:

I have two partitions-- one with Sardu on a FAT32 partition, and an NTFS partition with all of my other tools (set as the active partition). When I boot my computer to USB, it gets to SARDU, and it is able to boot to Ubuntu, Ultimate Boot CD, Acronis True Image Home bootable ISO, etc... However, when I attempt to boot to a Windows installer (Windows 7, Vista, XP, Recovery ISOs, etc...), it makes it to a grub4dos prompt (I don't know much about it, so please excuse my ignorance). If I make the FAT32 partition the active partition, I can boot to any ISO I want without problems, even the Windows installers. I'd prefer to not have to switch my active partition back and forth if possible. Is there any way to get the best of both worlds in this scenario? I tried making SARDU with a NTFS file system, but then my linux ISOs had issues booting. As of now, with NTFS active, I can boot to it in SARDU and also access the NTFS while in Windows, but can't use Windows installers within SARDU. I'd like to avoid a second USB if possible. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
xileos

Return to English Forum