Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

slow operation / direct extraction mode / iso troubles

Postby repdroid » September 1st, 2015, 9:48 pm

Hi there,

Lots of problems here:

- since i registered, SARDU is responding very slow from startup (just hangs in task manager for 17 minutes, until the window shows up) and becomes unresponsive for ~3 minutes when selecting isos, updating, etc...
I could narrow it down to after a personal folder has been selected, containing 3,5GB of data. There is no Antivirus or Firewall software blocking access to anything.

- Could the personal folder be placed in the root directory again, like SARDU 2 did it?

- the 'add extra iso' dialog is missing a file selector to choose the iso. After the user has done that manually, the iso table still needs the iso to be selected a second time from the iso directory.

- On large drives, the size of free space doesn't seem to be calculated properly. Using Sardu on a drive with 2,17 TB / 2.392.858.894.336 byte free, Sardu wants 'direct extraction' due to insufficient disk space.

- Hiren's boot disk iso seems to get corrupted regularly. Despite having downloaded a fresh iso file that would work ok if burned directly onto a cd, it would mostly show an inverted start screen from the SARDU stick and cease to function at various points, depending on what you were trying to start from it.

- How would i add Acronis true image 2013? Adding it into the extra section results in a grub prompt where it would not boot further.

Thank you and kind regards,
repdroid
repdroid

Re: slow operation / direct extraction mode / iso troubles

Postby davidecosta » September 12th, 2015, 10:11 am

HI,
  • The boot can be slow if the internet connection slow down the receiving data
  • You can customize all personal folders
  • The add extra ISO add one item in the listview. After you can select the ISO like others ISOs in the others listview (Antivirus, Utility...)
  • Do you have one partition of 2 TB FAT32?
  • I've no bugs report about Hiren's
  • Acronis isn't free, we have to make tests when we have the iso

davidecosta

Return to English Forum