Edit Boot Menu

Multiboot USB / DVD Builder with SARDU
In this section is permitted only the English language
Forum rules
In this section is permitted only the English language

Edit Boot Menu

Postby rallisf1 » February 15th, 2013, 1:10 am

Hi and gratz about this awesome software. I've been using WinSetupFromUSB for about a year but your software is far better than that.

To the point..i have created an AIO usb disk with several live-cds and setup discs and also customised the cfg files a bit to change background and color to my liking (without removing any SARDU copyright or links ofcourse) but there are just 2 more tweaks that i'd like to do and don't know how.

1) The menu is positioned at the center of the screen. How to make it go to the left?
2) Can i remove the table border? The background i use already has a frame.

Thanks for your time!
rallisf1

Re: Edit Boot Menu

Postby davidecosta » February 15th, 2013, 9:25 am

Hi and welcome.
The parts of the menu that report to the author, the website, the background, are protected and checked, if SARDU find them modified exit
davidecosta

Postby rallisf1 » February 15th, 2013, 1:08 pm

I did not mean to mess with any copyright material but whatever change i make to the cfg files (colors/background image/item titles) my SARDU setup is working fine.

So back to my original questions: Is there a way to align the menu table left instead of center and remove the table border?

Visual styling is essential in this kind of software you might need a different way to protect it if you want my opinion.
rallisf1

Postby davidecosta » February 15th, 2013, 1:47 pm

The menu of SARDU is customized to works fine with the background of SARDU.

I'll explain my argument, after can yuou explain your argument?
  1. Who build the multiboot? SARDU
  2. Which is the address of site?
  3. Who is the autor of multiboot?

There are people that sell or take possession of my job and sell my job.

Now I wait your argument and your advice to protect it
davidecosta

Postby rallisf1 » February 15th, 2013, 3:03 pm

People download and sell copies of microsoft software why yours should be any different. That's not a reason to deny legitimate users from customising the graphic interface. If you want to make money out of it then just sell it 5$ it is too good software not to pay 5$. Moreover your "protection" is too poor i can load a different .c32 file in the cfg without any problem but that takes out all the links and references to SARDU so what's better for you: give the option to customise menu and keep your info or just erase or SARDU reference and don't give a damn about you?

It is not rocket science my friend it is just isolinux and some C while i guess most of the boot switching you wrote on python. Anyway you are going nowhere with this attitude.

Cheers.
rallisf1

Postby davidecosta » February 15th, 2013, 5:09 pm

I don't see tips, only denigrations. I know that isn't a valid protection but....the only protection that i know...is not develope and not redistribute my job.
Last version...was ready from more two months...but....was private, there are more add on....private, multiple installer of same version of Windows...private etc etc
Reason? Easy: I'm going nowhere with share all my jobs.
davidecosta

Return to English Forum